Friday, March 26, 2010

March 26 and Spring is still getting here. Coltsfoot is peaking but I have seen little else. There is speedwell and a cress flowering in the pasture but the major burst is being held back by the wet and cooler weather.
My knee is getting worse so I have ordered another shot of Syn-Visc One and I hope to get it within a couple of weeks. I found out I got the first shot in July and it has lasted till March so that is pretty good.
This morning I decided to charge up the batteries (down to 66%, which is much lower than recommended) and when I went to start the generator it was seized. That was bad news so I called All Seasons (where it was purchased) and spoke to one of the servicemen. He suggested talking the spark plug out and see if that freed the engine up and if that didn’t work then to take off the starter cord mechanism to see if it was broken. After taking out the spark plug, the flywheel would still only move in the wrong direction and the starter cord was working fine. I called All Seasons back and they said they would have to look at it in the shop so I set up a time for them to pick it up in the afternoon. Not having a generator would be a big problem right now since my knee was so bad. I have a backup generator up in the shed near my cabin but getting it down would require Mike’s help, and I haven’t used it in a number of years. I decided to take out the spark plug again and this time I got the flywheel to go in both directions. I put everything back together and in a few minutes 21 amps were heading for the batteries. I called All Seasons to cancel the pickup and went to work on some other projects which didn’t strain my knee.

No comments:

Post a Comment