Sunday, July 13, 2014

first two days of the western trip

The first day of my trip went very well. I couldn’t leave until 9 because I needed to get the bike worked on, so I was able to practice some, do weights and yoga, and catch a short nap. East Coasters replaced the canister quickly and by 10:15 I was on the way. I stopped first at Paint Creek to ride my bike for 40 minutes then drove past Morehead to play golf. Following that I ended up at a KOA just across the river from Louisville. I rode my bike along the river and through the Falls of the Ohio State Park. Interesting but not overly impressive. Dinner was at the Buckhead grill where I had veggie frajitas. I had a horrible night sleeping because it was too hot so I ended up heading out around 6. I stopped to have a small breakfast and write some and I made some progress on my short story but I’m not sure what to do with the essay. I drove a few miles and then took a long nap and then felt much better. I stopped to ride my bike out in corn and soybean country and that was fun. I got back driving and ended up in Bloomington to watch the World Cup Final.

No comments:

Post a Comment