Friday, October 10, 2014

eighth week of teaching finished

Another week of teaching is over and in a half hour I will be heading over to see The Judge, which I am very much looking forward to. My teaching went pretty well, and eight weeks are done. I recorded my Lindsey Stirling essay up at WVTF and that went well. At best they will use a teaser for it so the only way to hear the whole thing will be from their archives. I went to Social Security after the recording and I got my code and was able to log in. As I predicted, at 66 I will get around 25K each year. I also spoke to the RU IT guy and he was very apologetic about the security training and agreed that it is an awful system. He is going to come over and help me get set up. That was very good to hear and I have until December to finish things up, not just 7 days. I volunteered for 2 of the open houses so we’ll see about that later. I made my reservations for 6 nights at wild dunes and 5 at the Hampton inn in Staten Island, but that will change to 3 after I figure out when I will be staying at Gabes. My greenhouse is doing very well with lots of lettuce, a few pea plants, a few spinach plants, and a new crop of lettuce starting up. I did a good bit of grading so I am glad of that. I also got a walk in with Rob which was a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment