Sunday, October 5, 2014

sixth week of teaching finished

It is another catch-up entry, this time on Sunday, October 5. I had a lovely day, taking a hike in the morning to the orchard, doing weights and yoga, doing a wash, checking the solar batteries, and fixing the fan for the heater. I am ready for my seventh week of classes, almost halfway through. The past week was very good and my classes went well and I got the house completely cleaned up from Gloria’s visit. I saw Maddie on Thursday and then drove her home on Friday afternoon, saving Cathy a trip. I have been riding my bike almost every day for an hour and my greenhouse has been producing very well. I will be seeing Kelly on the 18th and that should be fun. Seeing her and Alfredo and Lucia is always a treat. Travel funding has been restored so I am going to try to go to the CEA conference if they accept my paper proposal which I haven’t written yet. I am recording the Lindsey Stirling essay on Friday at 10 up at WVTF in Roanoke. After this semester I will have to teach 5 more before I can retire at 65 and ½. Some days I wish I could retire tomorrow; others I am not so desperate.

No comments:

Post a Comment