Monday, January 11, 2016

Electricity finally starts

The good news is that the Elliot company started work on the electricity. They started near the Sisson gate right by the electric pole and have finished several hundred yards of digging out the trench with a backhoe and laying down the cable then covering it with the dug up dirt. It is not on the road but about 10 feet from the road in the pasture. Tino, who was working alone when I left the hollow, said that they shouldn’t be up to my hollow till next week and that he thought he would be able to dig my trench for me by the greenhouse. That would be terrific. I talked to Danny and Dougie and things are fine with them. If AEP won’t pay for the grass seed, I told Dougie I would take care of it. I got disappointing news about my two saxophones. Washington Music won’t buy them and it will be too much of a hassle to sell them online so I drove up to Valley Repair and gave them to Glen and told him they are his to sell and keep the profit. He says he will share some of the profit with me but I told him not to worry about it. I just want them out of the house and not deteriorating any further. The house is getting neater and neater and another hour of work should have all the windows cleaned. I got a bike ride in today on the Huckleberry and then a walk in my hollow just before dark. I should have the electricity in and a decision on the right of way before too long. And I will also have my new truck coming in soon. Still waiting for news on my young friend. Talked to Lou about Cathy’s situation and I am not sure what is going to happen. She says she doesn’t want to learn anything new but there wouldn’t be much to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment