Saturday, January 9, 2016

Cleaning Windows and Writing Class Outlines

It is already Friday the 8th and a lot has gone on to catch up with. The very good news is that my colonoscopy on Tuesday morning was fine so I don’t have to go back for 5 years. I have also order a 2016 Toyota Tacoma with blind spot technology, back up camera and back up collision avoidance, all features I want. It is loaded with other features and should be a fun truck to drive. Toyota has to build it so I will have it in early April, right after the CEA conference. I got an interesting but somewhat disturbing email from the old friend who contacted me. Her earlier emails seemed a bit off but this last one was bizarre. I think she might have psychological problems so I am going to cut off my communication with her. I did get to apologize for being a jerk back when we were briefly involved and I am glad I was able to do that. I still haven’t heard from CEA about when my presentation will be but the schedule is supposed to be out the 15th so only another week to wait. I have my three outlines done up to the CEA conference in late March and it won’t take much work to finish them up. One of my young friends has gotten some disconcerting health news. She has to wait for test results next week and it is likely that everything is okay. My trip to Wild Dunes was a lot of fun. I rode my bike a lot, played some golf, visited Theresa, Marv and Joyce, did a number of beach walks and ate dinner at the Peninsula Grill and P.F. Chang’s. I also got a walk in the Congaree National Park though it was flooded and had to stay on the boardwalk. I have been cleaning the windows and I am about half done so that will be nice since I haven’t done this in years. I have also done some straightening up of files and gotten rid of some junk up by the cabin, including the owl house that fell down. I spoke to the crew chief of the two groups that will be coming to put the electricity in and he said they should be starting Monday and that it should take around 2 weeks. My bet is sometime next week and the work will be done by early February. I am going to see if they will do some work on my drain project. I will offer to pay a little for it since it shouldn’t take even an hour. My kayak friend and I have had some fun email exchanges but I don’t see us kayaking for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment