Thursday, April 22, 2010

I ate a half dozen spears of asparagus right out of the ground, the best way to eat them. I checked out my watering system for the orchard, and there are no leaks. The 250 gallon tank is about half full, and a few more days of rain should fill it. The fruit trees are doing very well with plenty of fruit on five of them. Even if we don’t get any new rain, the trees should be good for at least two weeks with the wet soil. I trimmed around the electric fence and the full current should keep the deer out. Another year or two will make the trees big enough to not worry about deer.
Back at the house, I heard a parula warbler but no scarlet tanagers yet. The greenhouse is doing well and I will continue eating spinach and tomorrow some of the first lettuce. The peas are about six inches tall.

No comments:

Post a Comment