Saturday, April 24, 2010

Yesterday was a productive day, and I was able to set up the tarp under the upper bridge and treat it with Thompson’s waterseal. I taped a screen into the greenhouse window so I can get the air but not the bugs. The upper windows open as the day warms and I leave the door open at points but I have found that the wasps and hornets quickly start making nests if I leave anything open too long. Now I can keep the window open till the late fall.
This morning the weather cooperated and I was able to cut the lawn and the orchard. Water is still flowing out of the 1000 gallon tank from the pipe where I cut it, but I sealed off the lower end so no small animals or insects could get in. I took out one of the PVC pipes in the garden and it wasn’t hard. I hope I can get Mike to help me with that cleanup. There is a lot to do. The asparagus are still coming up and I had another bunch this morning.
I am now grading papers at Mill Mountain, and after I finish the next one, I am heading off to Wolfe Creek to try my luck again.

No comments:

Post a Comment