Friday, April 2, 2010

On Tuesday March 30, I took an easy hike down my road and to the orchard. I saw hepatica and cut-leaved toothwort, rue anemone and blood root, along with the remaining coltfoot. At the orchard, purple dead nettle was flowering. The walk was probably a mistake since my knee was throbbing the rest of the day. I called Barranco’s office and the paperwork for the Syn-Visc One is underway. I should be able to get the shot within two weeks.
My greenhouse experiment is proceeding well. I ate a few leaves of spinach and the reseeded lettuce and peas are doing well. I also planted two Early Girl tomato plants and I’ll see what they do. I have until July 9th (which I leave for the West coast) so I can probably fit a few more things in.
On Thursday, I planted some bush beans and the left over strawberries are growing very fast, lots of blossoms so I should get at least a few berries.
As I was equalizing the solar batteries with the generator, I was able to get many of the cells up to 1270, so I think the batteries are fine for now. The sun should take over until the late fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment