Saturday, May 29, 2010

Maymester is going well, but I will be glad when it ends, at the end of next week. Fortunately this is the Memorial Day weekend and I have three days off, and I am using them well. I woke at 5:45 and had a great desire to kayak so I packed up my gear and by 7:30 I was trying to surf the lower waves at the Bluff City Bridge. The water was a little too high to sit in the wave but I got in the bigger ones a number of times before I called it quits. It was a great workout and reminded me how much fun kayaking can be. I was going to go fish Wolfe Creek but it was very muddy where it entered the New so I headed for Big Stony and the water there, though higher than normal, was pretty clear. My attempts with a wooly bugger and a bead head nymph brought no action but I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Over the past few days, I cut the bushes and trees that were encroaching on the solar panels and now they should be fine through the summer. The green house is still producing although the lettuce and spinach are about done. The first tiny beans are out and the tomatoes are about the size of a quarter. I should have some before I leave for the summer trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment