Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving break is almost over, but I had a great visit to New York. I saw Julian and Gabe and Francesca, my Aunt Rose, my Aunt Marie, my friend John and his mother, and Herb and Susan. I did a lot of walking around Manhattan, up to Times Square and down to 14th Street, around the World Trade Center, where you can see the unfilled reflecting pools. I also walked around Park Slope on 5th, 6th and 7th avenues. I really would like to live in the city for a few months. I also took two long walks with my Aunt Marie through Bayonne park and through the bird sanctuary.
Today I drove back from Harrisonburg and the solar system is working well (all settings met) with the old hydrometer reading 1230 in battery 1 and 1240 in battery 2. The house was in good shape and after unloading the truck, I fed the trout and checked out the greenhouse, which was in good shape. I am going to redesign the drip endings so they will work more consistently, though the old ones worked well enough during the break.
Before I left, at Bryan’s behest, I had unplugged the refrigerator and when I got home with some perishable groceries and a bag of ice, I realized that my cooler was still in my office. I figured that I could put the ice in a big bucket and that would work for the day, but instead I put the bag of ice in the lower part of the refrigerator and placed the perishables in there also. It was at 50 degrees when I left, and it will surely get down into the 40s. I am going to put ice trays out at night so I won’t have to buy too much ice.
My friend who lost her baby is doing better according to her mother, but I haven’t talked to her in at least a week and I will wait until she wants to talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment