Sunday, March 25, 2012

It is Sunday, March 25 and the rain is coming down hard. Luckily I got a hike in before it started and was able to finish cutting back the butterfly bush so it doesn’t block the greenhouse (which has been producing lettuce every day for salad). I also put the blocks back on the platform by the pond. No sight of my two trout but I wish them well.
Yesterday I went on a hike up to the poplars where I have found morels but there were none to be found. I did see that the bluebells had started, and along the way I saw yellow dog violet, birdsfoot violet, common chickweed, a few twinleaves still flowering, bloodroot gone, purple dead nettle, golden corydalis, shepherd’s purse done, redbuds starting, bittercress done. In the hollow hepatica is done, rue anemone is peak, star chickweed, ground ivy by the orchard and trilliums starting. I had dinner with Rachel and Benjamin and then I babysat Benjamin while Rachel taught the sufi dance class. I had fun playing with him in the playroom and then holding him and singing the Sufi songs to him as he watched the class. Jeff’s father has passed and I spoke to him last night and I will be glad to see him when he gets back.
I have fished the north fork about 5 times and I have caught two trout and one nice bluegill. Not much but close by and full of promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment