Saturday, March 10, 2012

Yesterday was fish stocking day and it didn’t work out at all as I wanted. Dale got there about 1:30 and by 1:45 the stocking had begun. Jed had a couple of people there helping so I drove up to my pond with the two small rainbows and released them. I drove back and helped with carrying the nets full of 12 inch trout (including 10 very large ones) to different spots on the river. I had thought it was clear that I wanted 50 for my section (I even mentioned it once) but by the time we got to the ford, there were about 12 fish left. I was pretty upset and after putting about five at the ford (and I think they went upstream), I only had a handful left for my gate. I paid my share, 264 dollars, for basically ten fish. I did tell Jed that I would like to fish up to the bend and he said that I could fish the whole river if I wanted.
On Saturday I took a nice hike up to the orchard, raked some of the dirt and evened out the tractor tire marks, then reseeded the grass in a couple of places. I hiked back and then drove to the river and fished the bend, using a big wooly bugger and then a small spinner. I had no luck with either. Still it was fun and I felt a little better about the stocking deal.
I did some more work around the house and found out, after I chiseled off the plastic, that the key for the truck didn’t work.
On my way out of the hollow, I saw four trucks by the river (at the bridge and upstream) and I hoped they would leave the bend alone.
Jeff is on his way back up to Connecticut to see his father who has had a stroke and I will have lunch with Rachel tomorrow and watch Benjamin for a while.
My blood is back up a pint and Rob agreed to put me back on the losartan even though he is not sure if it wasn’t the hemoplex that helped. We shall see in a month or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment