Friday, December 17, 2010

I am feeling much more upbeat. I got through the 5 inches of snow by staying at Rob’s and then spending hours shoveling snow for the neighbors—augmented with Wayne’s snow blower. Then Rob and I walked to the post office on University Boulevard and stopped at the Starbucks. We took the bus back most of the way, but it was still an adventure.
Today I drove out to my hollow and my truck made it easily up to the house and then I was able to scrape the snow off the road with the tractor by angling the blade. It did take me two passes but the blade did a fine job. My thermostat wasn’t working again but I left it on a little higher (at 60 it seems to stick) and sprayed it with compressed air in case dust is a factor. I left the water trickling in both sinks and there is really nothing that would be harmed if it froze. Mike is going to come check every 3 or 4 days so that makes me even more comfortable.
I am still not done grading, since the snow caused my Thursday final to be canceled. But the electronic final is working well and I should have all those grades done by tomorrow. Grades don’t have to be in until Monday at 5 so I have an extra day if I need it.
My blood pressure is stabilized and my wrists feel better and most importantly the colonoscopy was fine, and Rob thinks I may be able to go two years before the next one.
On the way down to Charlotte I stopped in Mooreville and got in nine holes of golf. My swing was not great at first but by the third hole I was hitting okay even though my four week layoff certainly showed in my short game and putting.
I spoke with my aunt Marie and she asked me to visit Theresa and I agreed. She has been very good to me and it isn’t that much of a request.

No comments:

Post a Comment