Sunday, December 19, 2010

I got off early, deciding that I wanted to take a hike in the Congaree National Park. That turned out to be an excellent idea, and I walked about 3 miles, mainly on the boardwalk and a little off it by Weston Lake. I heard plenty of pileated woodpeckers and saw a couple of deer. After finishing I was exhausted so I napped and after a quick lunch headed off to Charleston, only a little more than a hundred miles away. Everyone was driving eighty so my seventy seemed rather pedestrian.
I called my aunt Theresa and she was delighted that I agreed to come over tomorrow for lunch but already I can see that my visit is going to be longer than I like.
When I got to Wild Dunes, I went for a bike ride after watching some of the Eagles/Giants game and seeing the Eagles fall far behind. I rode all over, but about halfway through, I partially lost the vision in my right eye, or rather it was like a positive, and most of the shapes were in blue. I was pretty scared and thought I might be having a stroke, but after five minutes, my eye cleared and I continued riding for another twenty minutes. Boy is my body betraying me.
I got back to my room and to my surprise the Eagles were only a touchdown behind and driving. Mike Vick made a couple of fine runs and then threw for a touchdown pass to tie things up. The Giants got the ball back and the Eagles forced them to punt and the punt went straight to their best return guy, DeSean Jackson, and he raced in for a touchdown with no time left. An improbable victory to say the least.
I was going to go out and take a walk but I felt too tired and a little down so I just stayed in and watched the Jets play Pittsburgh and that had an exciting ending also with Pittsburgh just missing winning the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment