Monday, March 21, 2011

I played golf at the Meadows today and shot a 47 from the red tees. I made some very good putts.
I have finished up almost all the projects at home. The greenhouse leak is fixed, and I cleaned out the cattleguard. I set up the 250 gallon tank so if we have some rain I will start storing it. I cleaned out the asparagus patch near the orchard and then I started the lawn tractor to charge up the battery but after idling for a few minutes it died and wouldn’t start again. I called Wimmer and they are coming out tomorrow to pick it up and also look at the problematic grease fitting on the big tractor. I cleaned out a couple more bags of junk from the house and cabin so everything looks cleaner.
The chair of the SAMLA committee wrote back and wants to see a proposal so I will send that in in a few days. My chapbook should be out in a month and my article in Kaatskill Life will be out soon. I have not gotten a poem accepted from this mailing so that is a bit of a disappointment.
My hands are doing well, and I am now off the colchicine and down to 4 and ½ mgs of Prednisone. I still have a slight cough and though Rob thinks it is asthmatic, I wonder if it might be some of the meds.

No comments:

Post a Comment