Friday, March 11, 2011

Today was very productive. I fixed the road some, shoveling and then dumping the rest of one load of crusher run on the middle water bar and one load of 357 in the big rut near the bottom. The scraper worked okay even though the ground was still pretty wet. The road is much better.
I then cut back the butterfly bush which was cutting out the sun for the greenhouse. It should grow back as a smaller bush and that will be perfect.
I replanted the peas filling in the missing spaces. I have about 15 plants up. I also reseeded the lettuce since none of it came up, perhaps too cold.
I have given up on equalizing the solar for now since I ran the generator at 13 amps for maybe ten hours after I got the batteries as full as I could (1240 in cell one, 1250 in cell two, and 1265 in cell three) and the batteries didn’t read any higher. I will try again next week when the sun is out and I can get more juice in. Even if I only get 7 or 8 years more out of them (as the guy at Rolls thought I should), I hope to be long gone by then.
The mice are definitely back in the basement and I am going to try to seal the spaces around the vents and I am going to put a piece of 1 by 4 at the bottom of the door even though it still looks pretty tight. I got some caulk and foam insulation and mouse traps and hand grenades. Let the second battle begin.
I figured out how much propane I have used since the last delivery on November 29. I have about 29 percent in the 500 gallon tank, and the 100 gallon tank is still full so I have used an average of 2.87 gallons a day. I have enough for another month and a half at least, so I have no concerns about running out for now.
I ran the lawn tractor to recharge the battery and it started after I gave it a spray of starter fluid.
I checked the owl house but I didn’t see anything going on.
I have all my work done for Monday, and yesterday I went to my office and cleaned up all my files so that is out of the way.
I will leave for the memorial tomorrow, and I think the poem is quite good.

No comments:

Post a Comment