Friday, March 25, 2011

Things are going well. My hands are feeling pretty good and I have finished up some more projects in the house. I bought a print and frame and I glued some soundproofing to the back of it to cut down on the noise from the circuit breaker box. I also treated all the wood that is exposed to the soil with the termite spray. I had to shut all the windows in the tractor barn because the squirrels were getting in through a tear in the screen. After I closed the first two, they torn up the screens in both in an attempt to get in. I am sure they were building a nest.
I took a hike yesterday and there is bloodroot out, coltsfoot, cress, speedwells, rue anemone, and toothwort. I have seen a lot of purple dead nettle outside the hollow. When it warms a little a lot more should be happening.
The greenhouse is doing nicely, and my first tray of peas are over five inches tall. The peas in the second tray are coming up, and I have about 30 blooms on the strawberries. The lettuce in one tray is up and I am hopeful about the second tray. The broccoli plants are doing fine.
Wimmer came and picked up the lawn tractor and the service fellow was able to grease the fitting by turning the connecting bar. I hadn’t tried that and he got plenty of grease in.
I have gotten a very positive response from the woman I e-mailed on Match and I hope to meet her soon. She sounds very nature oriented.

No comments:

Post a Comment