Sunday, November 27, 2011

I am back home and my trip went very well. I was a little frazzled when I got to Gyorgyi’s mother’s house and I thought I left the WTC memorial tickets and then my meds but I finally got in to the city and things went quite well after that.
On Sunday I got to see Rose and she didn’t recognize me. However I took Tina to a great sushi restaurant and that was a treat. She is a good woman to chat with.
On Monday I went back to the city and walked around until I met Gyorgyi at the memorial. I was moved by it but Gyorgyi thought it was too jingoistic. After that we walked down to Occupy Wall Street and it was a bit disappointing. There were more police and security than protesters and many of the people looked simply homeless. Then off to Herb’s reading and book signing and then dinner at a Turkish restaurant. I was glad to see Judith Gleason but she didn’t look well.
On Tuesday, it was time for a double walk through Central Park, a movie (The Descendants), and then dinner with Gabe and Francesca. Julian was almost walking and was fun to feed and play with.
On Wednesday, I walked and then went off to Gyorgyi’s mom’s house. Mrs. Voros was rather frail but it was good to see her. Then I followed G over to Andrew’s house and had a lot of fun playing with Laura, watching Howl’s Moving Castle and having an intense but reasonable discussion about politics till 12:30 AM.
On Thursday morning I drove to Patty’s house to have Thanksgiving with her and my Aunt Marie. Then we went to Longwood Gardens and that was spectacular. I chatted with Patty quite a bit and she seems like a very decent and intelligent person. I am glad I could accommodate Marie.
On Friday I drove to Kelly’s and had a lot of fun playing with Lucia (hide and seek 50 times at least). We then went out to lunch and more playing with Lucia and then over to K’s Mom. It was fun to see Liz and Theo and I spent a lot of time playing restaurant with Lucia. She is a wonderful little girl. After my visit I drove to Winchester for the evening.
On Saturday, I drove to JMU and rode my bike. I got home in time to play golf and then take a long walk with Rob. It seems he has reached a settlement with Fay and I hope it works. He seemed very happy.
I woke this morning really tired and after a hike and cutting the grass, I was done for. I napped and then I did some weights and yoga and had to nap again. I had to really push to go play golf but I played very well, shooting a 46 on the back nine.

No comments:

Post a Comment