Monday, January 21, 2013

ready to start the spring semester

It is Monday, the 21st of January and I start teaching tomorrow. I have sent out all my outlines and rules and posted them on D2L. I came home to 4 or 5 inches of snow and some downed trees but I was able to walk up to the house, get the tractor and chainsaw, and clear everything up in a couple of hours. I wore my chainsaw pants and worked very slowly. The tractor worked fine especially with the blade at an angle. Two up and down passes and the road was pretty clear and today I ran the tractor with a straight blade and have a very good road right now. The humidity with the fan off has stayed around 50 so I am going to wait to put it on again. I had the refrigerator on for the evening but this morning I had enough ice and turned it off. I have plenty of snow and it is going to be very cold for the next four of five days so I can make plenty of ice outside. I changed the oil in the generator today so that is good till the spring. The solar was 80% when I got home and today it got up to 86 so I shouldn’t have to use the generator until at least Friday, which I looks like some snow is coming. I watering the greenhouse today even though it is going to get very cold tonight. The plants hadn’t been watered for ten days so I figured I’d better water some. The lettuce and spinach are doing okay and the peas have flowers which is pretty amazing. I did some weights and yoga today and my strained left shoulder felt it. I may just do the yoga tomorrow. I am glad I am done traveling for awhile and I hope I can stay on budget for a few months. I can’t give out any more money until I get my income tax check back and then I would like to give 2K to charity. I am certainly ready to get back to teaching. Maddie is better but not fully better so Cathy is still worried about her and may bring her to a stomach specialist. I haven’t heard back from John about the salary issue but I guess he will contact me at some point. While I was down in SC I played nine holes with Joyce and Marv and we also played on Saturday, which turned into a very special occasion: Marv got a hole in one on the 16th hole at Legends Oaks. It was a lot of fun and I do enjoy seeing them both. In a few minutes I will be heading over to Rob’s for dinner with Becky and her children. I am looking forward to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment