Wednesday, April 10, 2013

savannah and the return

I am down in Savannah, having given my paper on Cooper (with an audience of 4). I also rode my bike out to Forsythe Square even though it rained a little and is still overcast. Tomorrow I will be playing golf at the Sanctuary Golf Club with Marv and Joyce, and then have dinner with them up in Beauford. Yesterday I visited my aunt Theresa and Joyce and Marv in Goose Creek and had a nice lunch. Driving down to Savannah was tough in the rain but when I got close I saw a sign for the Savannah National Wildlife Refuge and the rain stopped so I rode my bike along the canal there and saw several alligators along with herons, egrets, anhingas, and red winged blackbirds. My book selling didn’t go well. Most of the books were too damaged so I only got 40 dollars for the twenty they could use, and I donated the rest. I am going to donate all the other ones when I return home and then vacuum the house real well. My asthma is subsiding, due most likely to the medication and not being at home. David is coming out this coming Wednesday to work on thinning the trees near the coneflowers. I will stay with him until 1:45. Gyorgyi called me and I am going to see her and Andrew, Sylvia and Laura the following week. That should be fun. I found out that the propane truck almost tipped over trying to come to my house (that is what did the damage to the road). I was able to switch tanks so I will try to get a delivery when things really dry out. I could get another 100 gallon tank if I run low but with the weather finally warming, I think I will be able to get through till June. I think I am going to call Mark to help me get that culvert working again. That would be a big help, but I have to wait a while for things to dry out. This is an addition to the earlier stuff. It is April 10th and David came and worked on thinning the trees in the coneflower habitat. I worked on the road this morning, clearing a lot of dirt so the propane truck can easily get up. I will address the wet stuff and the culvert at a different time.

No comments:

Post a Comment