Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Thanksgivng Break--At Last

I am taking it pretty easy over the Thanksgiving break. I had a good visit to Charlotte, playing golf twice at Regent Park, driving to the Congaree (which I was harassed by Ranger Meekins) for a bike ride and a hike, eating at P. F. Changs and at the Capitol Grille. I have gotten back into writing the Phil Chase piece, and I am almost done with all my course grading. I should be done tomorrow. This morning I cut down a number of trees (up to about 5 inches) with my new Stihl battery chain saw, and it worked very well, slow but with plenty of battery to get all the trees down and then some of the cleanup. I then fixed the boxes in the truck, switching out the broken one and putting cardboard on the bottom of two more so things won’t drop through. I also ate a salad from the green house and watered it so I should have lettuce for a few more days if not weeks. I am bringing my electric heater home from my office to see if that will work to help warm up the bedroom. Now when it is cold, it is pretty cold until the temperature gets up to 76 in the living room. This might save some fuel and make it comfortable enough to read for a few minutes. I walked with Rob tonight (as I did yesterday) and we had a very good chat. Things with Becky are going well and her new place should be fine after all the work is done. Claire and Luke are doing well, spending Thanksgiving at her parents, and I am happy for her. Today I also had a golf lesson on sand traps and bought a lob wedge from Michael, which is much easier to use than my sand wedge. My finances are quickly depleting but I should make it to March without having to take any money out of my 403B. I wrote Kelly an e-mail after our conversation where she told me that my last visit was too long and I made it clear that I had no idea that it was. She left a sweet phone message inviting me up for Lucia’s birthday. That should work well since it will be on my way up to New York and it will save me driving back up to see her. I talked to Marv and I should be seeing them in January when I go to Wild Dunes. My knees are not very good but I am doing a lot of things. I just hope they hold out till July, when I plan to have the first knee done.

No comments:

Post a Comment