Saturday, December 6, 2014

last week of classes

A cool and rainy day Saturday so not much outside stuff. I did clean out the truck a bit and got rid of some paper recycling. I rode my stationary bike for 40 minutes and did my weights and yoga. I really have to get back to 215 (at 221, the idea of 210 seems far fetched) and see if it affects my knees. If weight loss can help I should try that before committing to a knee replacement. I did charge up the batteries and put out two of the sticky traps because the mice are still nesting on top of the generator, which could cause real problems. I have almost finished my work on 454 and 310 and I have to grade the first part of the 203 final and on Thursday give the second part. Next semester is not going to be anywhere as easy as this one and at points I felt somewhat overwhelmed even with this 3 course load. I am almost finished with the Catskill Legends piece and I think it is a decent little article. I ordered part of Lucia’s present and I told Kelly I really can’t move the TV (my knees are just too bad right now). I did participate with Gyorgyi in the Eric Garner protest, and we marched from the War Memorial to Squires, where we lay down for 4 and ½ minutes, then to a meeting on racism at Tech. It was pretty powerful. I haven’t heard from Gloria so I assume she doesn’t want to discuss her visit. That is of course up to her. This is a big day for the Football Playoff and Oregon is certainly in and TCU clobbered Iowa State so they should be in also. I am watching Alabama beat up on Missouri and then there are three games tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment