Sunday, February 22, 2015

winter has gotten rough

I am in my office working after a busy day. It snowed about 5 inches yesterday so after doing some writing (on my computer piece), bike riding and some reading I took the tractor out in the 40 degree day with a bit of sun and worked on the road all the way to the Sisson tractor barn. I worked for about 2 hours, had lunch then worked another hour. I then walked down to my truck and Mike was there and he rode up on his big tractor and evened up the road some more (He had come up after the first snow and cleared the road). I paid him $350 for both jobs and he was appreciative. With the extra cost of the motel room (4 days at 105) I spent about and extra 770. I just hope we don’t get more snow. It is going to get cold again, so I am heading home before the road freezes up, not until 10 at the earliest. I drove Maddie back from VT on Friday and she was grateful. Lou also called and thanked me for picking her up. I don’t mind and Maddie is a very decent and smart young lady. I am glad I have helped her and her sister so much; at least they and their parents are appreciative. I am still angry at Marina’s ingratitude, but there is nothing I can do to change her so I am going to let it go. She has been poisoned by her father and there is nothing I can do. I talked to Kelly and offered to come up to help getting her house ready for sale and she was grateful. I will come up on the 7th and 8th of March, the beginning of my spring break, and that will still leave me time to go south for a few days if the weather gets bad. I am looking forward to seeing Kelly and Alfredo and Lucia.

No comments:

Post a Comment