Tuesday, July 3, 2018

The Trip is On


Monday turned out to be a very good day.  I did my knee exercises, then drove to Rob’s office to get my blood drawn to see if I would be able to go on my trip.  I then drove out to play nine holes of golf with Craig Waggaman.  We were put on the back nine so that took away any advantage I had with being familiar with the course since I almost never am able to play the back (which I wouldn’t mind doing more).  Anyway, Craig gives me 9 shots, one a hole and on the first hole Craig hits two very solid shots from the senior tees and then hits a wedge into the hole from about 45 yards for an eagle.  Wow! He wins the hole and has a one shot lead.  Craig plays very well, eventually shooting a 38, but I shoot a 44, even with moving my tee back on 14 on.  We had some lunch and then we headed off.  It was a lot of fun.  Next I take a quick nap and meet Claire for a second lunch at Nagoya.  She was doing very well and then we headed over to Kate’s to water the flowers so Claire can see the procedure Kate wants followed.  Then I came home and got the good news from Rob and Ghosheh that my blood level was stable and my kidney number was a little better.  The trip is on.  Then I needed a very long nap and I got up at almost 7.  I did some errands and then went and did my bike ride but I was still pretty tired so I only rode about 25 minutes.  I headed home and realized that I am not leaving till Wednesday so I actually have an extra day (I would have preferred to get going on Tuesday but it will have to wait.  My rash was bothering me some so I put some cream on and that helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment