Friday, October 22, 2010

Another week of teaching is done and I am more than ready for a long break. Unfortunately I don’t get that break until Thanksgiving. That means I teach 12 weeks straight, have a week off, and then 2 more weeks of teaching. Obviously the last two weeks fly by, but I wish we had a break in the middle of the fall semester like the spring semester.
Another wonderful hike in the colorful leaves. We aren’t far from the peak, and it is a great time for a walk. I noticed how the leaves have gathered in the smaller hemlocks, and they look like Christmas ornaments. The wind will scatter them soon enough. There are plenty of shaggy manes around and still a few things flowering.
My camper top sealing job worked pretty well but I had one leak and now I have sealed that up. Let’s see what the next rain brings. The new screws that I drilled in the front of the camper top are not holding that well, but they are better than nothing.
I have almost finished cleaning all the windows, and they look much better. However, I am glad I have a day job. The windows are double-paned, and I think some of the dirt is on the inner part of the double pane.
I am performing tonight (the sixth week in a row) and I feel pretty good about it.
Tomorrow I head for Lynchburg to see Maddie perform in the marching band competition there.

No comments:

Post a Comment