Sunday, October 24, 2010

Maddie performed very well in Lynchburg and I was able to help Cathy and her out by driving them home after the competition. I took some pictures of Maddie and sent them to Cathy today. The thing that struck me most was the Gretna band, which had only seven musicians and very little talent. I felt bad for them but I guess if they want to perform, let them perform.
My performance last night was excellent and “Black Coffee” actually had the diners listening and led to applause from all of them. I also got dinner out of the deal (I wonder if I have to report that on my income tax).
Another fine morning hike and I cleared a little more in the orchard with the trimmer. The window cleaning job is almost done, so I feel good about that.
I thought my mouse problem was over but this morning I found two mice in the traps so I guess I may still have some under the house. I hope that the black snake under there is very hungry.
The solar is working very well, and I haven’t had to use the generator for quite a while. On a sunny day I am getting close to 5 kw in and only using a little over 2. I may be able to keep the refrigerator on until December or even longer. The batteries were at 1215, which is not bad, though I will have to fully charge and equalize them at some point.
Most of the wildflowers are gone but on the road up to the solar panels there are still thin leaved coneflowers blooming and asters and goldenrods.

No comments:

Post a Comment