Friday, October 15, 2010

A concern has come up and it is my own fault. I put a screen up all summer in the entrance way to the crawl space to keep the humidity down and a few days ago I noticed that I have visitors, several mice. I picked up some traps, some new ones with a different design, but by the morning they hadn’t caught anything. I do have the three young mice trapped in a vertical roll of aluminum flashing, but I couldn’t catch them to let them out. I hope that having the door closed will end the problem but I called Mark Vaughn, the fellow who built the house, and he sent over one of his workers two days ago to seal the crawl space so no mice will get in the house.
Cameron inspected the crawl space and said everything was well sealed but he sprayed some of the foam insulation in a couple of questionable spots. He also put out some bait and just as he was finishing he spotted the best trap I could have, a pretty large black snake. I am glad for the snake’s presence and after it finishes its hunting I will try to catch it and put it back outside. So far none of the mice have gotten into the house and I have seen none in the traps.
Today I did some work up in the cabin and some around the house before heading off for a hike to the orchard. I just beat the rain back but it is so bracing to hike now with the cooler weather and the leaves starting to change.
I will be performing tonight again at Gillies and I think this is my fifth week in a row. That may be a record. Justin and I are working on “Light My Fire” and that should be fun to perform even though I am a little nervous about playing the rather fast organ intro on my sax.

No comments:

Post a Comment