Friday, February 18, 2011

Everything at the house is in good shape and this morning I decided to head off and play golf. I haven’t played since late December when my arms and hands hurt so much that night that I couldn’t sleep. I had to play at Castle Rock because the other courses were crowded because of the good weather. I decided to hit from the 150 mark on the 10th hole, and with my wrist braces on over my thin winter golf gloves, I was able to hit okay. A solid hit with the hybrid went 100 yards and I hit a few good wedges. After I was done my hands hurt some but not too much and I thought I would be able to perform later.
I went home, napped, did some chores and then went into Blacksburg to play. I made a number of minor mistakes early on, but overall the performance was adequate and we got a lot of applause. I will not play golf on a performance day again, but it was a lot of fun to play.
Tomorrow or Sunday I am hoping to go fishing and that will be a nice return to something that my hands might prevent. Let’s see how tonight is and if I sleep okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment