Sunday, February 20, 2011

My hands were okay from my golf outing and I spent some time on Saturday working on various projects. I planted some spinach and sugar snap peas, fertilized them and the strawberries (which are starting to turn bright green). I also fixed the broken pole in the orchard, though it was tough on my hands, though I realized at the end that I would have to go back tomorrow to fix the charger which has started to slip down the pole.
Today I went back out to the orchard and fixed the charger, finishing replacing the screen in the barn window, and fertilized all the fruit trees. I also treated the gas for the generator and yesterday the solar panels put out 5.5 kilowatts, almost a record. I hope that by changing the settings I have helped in allowing more energy to enter the batteries.
I did all my practicing (hopefully, I will play better on Friday) and some grading and reading. The Ambassadors is an incredibly dense book and I have to read it very slowly. The Mill on the Floss is a much easier read.
Rob and I had a nice hike and I helped Noah with the new drill gun and tool kit I bought him. He does seem interested and I am glad to explain things to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment