Friday, May 20, 2011

I am feeling much more optimistic, and I think my getting off the Colchicine was a big factor in my feeling down. Two days after I stopped the drug, my hands were very stiff and I was feeling rather depressed. That lasted for a few more days and now I am feeling better.
Teaching has been my main concern and I had to do a lot of grading already. The class is going well and I have the second poems to read this weekend. That shouldn’t be too bad.
The idiots at Finishing Line press sent me an unbelievable e-mail which was a standard announcement which had no relevance to the address I am having the books sent to. They have done this all along and it is very frustrating and time wasting. If Marina’s artwork wasn’t on the cover, I would never have finished this project. Even worse is that they don’t care about wasting people’s time. That is sad and unprofessional.
I have done some pruning on the road and up to the cherry tree in my orchard and it isn’t as bad as I thought it would be. The culvert that I cleared has filled in again and I will have to shovel it out this weekend.
I have been eating some strawberries, many pea pods and some lettuce. I should have good organic greens until I leave on my trip.
I have set up a photo session with the DEC for my disabled article and that shouldn’t be too much of a problem.
I have been playing golf regularly and shooting pretty well. It is a nice break from teaching.
I looked at the deed for the VOF conservation easement and it allowed much too much to be done to the property. Josh didn’t seem to understand what “forever wild” means but today I cleared things up and I think I will get what I want (at least 120 acres that are not touched at all). If they can’t help me Josh said that there are other groups who are more amenable to wilder tracts.

No comments:

Post a Comment