Monday, May 9, 2011

On Saturday, I drove toward Accomac, crossing the Chesapeake Bay Bridge and Tunnel, always an interesting sight. I wanted to play golf so I called Bay Creek Resort and they had room so I went there and played the front nine of the more difficult Nicklaus course and did reasonably well with a 51. Many, many sand traps and very tight fairways made it quite challenging. After that I went into Cape Charles to have dinner at Kelly’s Gingernut Pub and watch the Kentucky Derby. My horse lost but it was a close race. I drove back to Kiptopeke State Park and got a camping site and then went on a long bike ride before returning to Kelly’s to watch the Miami/Boston game.
Sunday looked menacing in the morning but I figured I’d best get up to Chincoteague so I could hike the beach before my knee gave out and the long wild beach at Assateague was stunning. I walked in about a mile, sat and meditated for about twenty minutes and then walked back. There were only a few people and none bothered me with their noise. The weather was getting better so I decided to go bike riding and found a wonderful trail that looped away from the road and offered beach access. I rode about 5 miles of it, stopping at a bench to meditate some more and to watch the herons, geese and red-winged blackbirds. I drove back to my room to watch the first half of the Dallas game (that was all I needed to watch) and then I went off to play nine holes on a tight water laced course that I shot a 48 on because I really played well at the end. Dinner was fair and then I watched Atlanta beat Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment