Sunday, March 17, 2013

a good trip south

My trip to Charlotte and to Columbia is almost over. I will stay in Huntersville tonight, and perhaps play Birkdale tomorrow, then drive up for my office hours at three. I had a fine dinner with Becky on Friday at Upstream and we chatted for a couple of hours. The next morning I drove to the Congaree National Park and had a lovely bike ride and hike, then ate in the Vista. I stayed at the wingate on two notch and then on Saturday morning I met Marv and Joyce for golf at Windermere, a first class Pete Dye-designed course. We played 18 holes and my shoulder wasn’t too bad. I shot a 52 and then a 48 on a very dry and sloping course where the ball rolled a mile in very unpredictable ways. Marv shot a 92 and Joyce was about 110. I treated them to golf so they treated me to dinner at Motor Supply Bistro and that was very good. Sunday found me back biking and hiking at Congaree and then having lunch in the Vista at Mellow Mushroom. After a quick walk I drove to Charlotte where I will have dinner and another walk and then hit the bad weather up in Radford tomorrow. A very good trip overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment