Thursday, July 29, 2010




After the redwood hike, I went back into town for lunch and started driving south. My biggest concern was the kayak, still wet in the back from the McKenzie, so I stopped at the Mill Creek campground and unloaded and inflated the kayak and unzipped the air bladders so everything could dry well. Then I dropped off for a very needed nap. When I awoke I straightened out the truck and let the kayak dry another hour, using a towel to help dry it. It was almost 4:30 when I finished and I began driving toward Eureka, where I had booked a room.
As I drove I became more interested in playing golf, but I couldn’t find a course to play on (one was private; one was having a tournament) but fortunately the Eureka Municipal course was open and I was able to play 9 holes. I played decent enough, but since I had doubled up on a couple of holes, the first par five and a long par four, I thought I missed breaking 50, blowing it on the seventh hole with a seven. However, I decided to play eight and nine and to my surprise, eight was a par three so the front had three par threes. That meant I could drop one of the par fours (the six I got on the doubled one) and shot a 3 on eight, thus breaking 50.

No comments:

Post a Comment