Saturday, July 10, 2010

This was a poem I started on my winter visit to San Antonio. It wouldn't finish but today I was able to complete it. It is one more poem for my ex-partner. Now that she is gone, she has become my main inspiration. A note: I have removed the picture from my wallet although I did not rip it up.


Pesca on the River

I strolled the river walk
In San Antonio, trying to find
A Gramercy Tavern or a Blue Pointe,
When I came upon Pesca,
A place we had eaten in years ago,
And I decided to dine,
With whatever ghosts might appear.

I savored the stone crab,
the smoked duck salad,
And the black cod.
Then I was ready
To leave, when the lightning began
And the rain squalled down.

I still have your picture
In my wallet and I thought
To tear it up, as keeping it there
Is a lie, but I decided to do nothing:
Your face remains,
Reminds me each time I open
My billfold, that for me,
the Riverwalk Is empty of anything
close to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment