Sunday, July 4, 2010

owl house


I had a tough night a few days ago when I thought I might have a serious problem, perhaps a return of the colon cancer. Luckily, it was a fissure and with some time and a soft diet and medication, I should be fine in two weeks to two months.
The owl house project went very well. Cathy, Claire and Maddie got to the hollow around 12:30 and by 2:30, we had the owl house built and painted. The girls used the drill and the screw gun and had a lot of fun. Mike came around 4:30 to hang it up and by 5:45 it was twenty feet up in a tree, securely attached.
I had a long talk with my friend Kelly a few days ago, mainly about her dad, and she asked me to e-mail her copies of the many poems I have written for her. It took me a couple of hours because some of them were in different formats, but I was able to do it. She has been the greatest inspiration in my life, and I am very glad I am still in touch with her. I will write her another one this summer.
I have almost everything ready for my trip so won’t be very rushed when I leave on Thursday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment