Saturday, January 3, 2015

Clyde's funeral

Today was the funeral of Clyde Sisson and I was very moved by the number of people who showed up and the tributes to him. He was brilliant, caring, generous, witty and unique. It was a privilege to meet him and spend some time with him. At the viewing there had to be close to a thousand people and at the service there were hundreds. His coffin, out of many kinds of wood, had a funeral box with a cover with photos of Clyde, the steam shovel, and the farms. It was very well done. The post-funeral reception filled the Johns Farm farmhouse and the food was very good. I am almost done with my outlines and rules and that will be a relief. I am also trying to get my remade bridge done either on Wednesday or after I return from Charleston. That will allow me to leave just when the really cold spell hits. I did write to Michael at NPS about Stakely not responding but I haven’t heard back. Today won’t be an outside day but I will get a walk in the mall in about an hour and then I hope to ride my stationary bike when I return home and also do my weights and yoga.

No comments:

Post a Comment