Saturday, June 27, 2015

Almost to Colorado

I am sitting in a McDonald’s in WaKeeney, Kansas having finished an Asian salad and nursing a very decent cup of coffee. I took a lovely bike ride this morning besides a freshly mowed hayfield and acreage planted in soybeans. I saw a jackrabbit, meadowlark, nighthawks and a number of prairie wildflowers. After that I drove on to Wakeeney where I walked through the small downtown. The only building of distinction was the courthouse, but the downtown was quite clean and even the abandoned storefronts were decent looking. I played golf yesterday and took a couple of bike rides so my weight is holding steady. The only interesting event on this trip was an incredible thunderstorm coming into St. Louis that forced me to exit the highway with the rain coming down in sheets with my truck shaking while parked at a truckstop. Tomorrow I will be in Denver and that should be fun, biking along the trail I’ve ridden before and walking around downtown. Kelly sent me text thanking me for my help on Tuesday. She read my e-mail but hasn’t had time to respond. I texted her this morning wishing her well with the open house and praising the new house. We will chat soon but things are fine I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment