Sunday, March 4, 2018

Singing goes well


Saturday was an okay day.  I decided that after my knee exercises I would take a trip, not down to Charlotte since I can’t drive at night and that would force me to stay downtown or close to downtown ( I should check into the light rail service).  I took Daniel for a walk and that was fun and I think Elizabeth appreciated it.  Then I drove up on 81 and it was crowded but not intolerable and I got off at exit 150 then drove to the Parkway entrance and to my surprise, the parkway was closed so I drove for 25 minutes or so right at the entrance.  After that I decided to go play golf at the closest course which was blue hills.  I was playing fine until I got to number 6, the par 5 and I ended up hitting it just over the green into a big sand trap I didn’t know was there and I ended up with a 9 after getting a 7 on number 5 (I hit my second shot in the water).  I figured that with two 5s on the par 3s I had no chance to get a 50, my goal for the day.  But on the last two holes, I got two 4s and ended up with a 49.  I drove home, getting there a little before dark and took a long nap before getting up and doing my weights and yoga (a full set) and watching Duke come back from a 10 point deficit at halftime to beat North Carolina by 10.  Duke now is the second seed in the ACC Tournament.  I didn’t sleep that well and ended up taking a half of a valium so I could relax.  After the extra money from my tax return I should be able to relax about taking a trip out west the next two or three years but I couldn’t last night.  Part of it is that I have been spending about double what I budgeted for for the last three days and I do have to remain careful about my spending.   

Sunday has started well.  My singing was okay and I felt good about being there.  I tried to focus on the mass to stem the anxiety I had this morning and that worked okay.  I have to learn to enjoy my life as much as I can.  I came back and went for a walk with Daniel and we chatted a good deal.    

No comments:

Post a Comment