Friday, March 2, 2018

Things are a little better


It is Friday and I am off for 10 days, spring break.  I feel slightly anxious, but not enough to take any valium.  I had a pretty good day yesterday, although I took a half of a valium before I went to dinner with Gyorgyi at India Gardens.  We had a very good dinner and had a lot of laughs, particularly about the crazy laws in the US which allow you to buy bazookas, flame throwers, machine guns and tanks.  After dinner I was tired but I went for a bike ride for 40 minues in Perry Street garage.  I felt better and my little toe didn’t bother me (I injured it by wearing the new compression stocking).  My semester is going pretty well now that my problem student has dropped the course and while I am not at 100%, I think the students will give me okay ratings, probably around 3.5.  I have set up the Coleman contest and the awards reading.  I am supposed to have my eye done on the 22nd and I hope my breathing will be good enough to do it then.  I am also set up with an appointment with Dr. Jain at UNC medical center for May 3rd.   My visit to Roberta will have to come after that.   I started reading Henderson the Rain King and I am enjoying it well enough.    I had three pretty bad weeks but the last week with the changes in my medications (12 and ½ mg. of prednisone, 3 prograf pills, alternating 40 and 80 mg of lasik, and switching my from albuterol to ipratropium) has been better.  I have felt okay for the last week though I wish I could feel a little better.  I am thinking about trips I could do but I really should wait till I get my eyes done.  I spoke with Mary Gorton a few days ago and that was fun.  Yesterday I also spoke with my sister Judy and I helped her with an interpretation of 2 Thessalonians.  She seemed appreciative.  I have been practicing my music regularly and my voice is about the same.  Perhaps over the summer I will take lessons.    

No comments:

Post a Comment