Thursday, June 17, 2010

I finished raking the stone around the cabin and the shed. It looks okay and it should keep the grass and weeds down. I started spreading the pea stone around the generator and the path in the back of the house and it looks quite good. I also put a couple of buckets full in front of the stairs and toward the front, and raking that was pretty easy. I should finish up tomorrow.
My experiment with the air conditioner is going very well. Today at 12:30, it was 88 outside and 72 inside, and that was very comfortable. I turned the generator on because the batteries were low (1160) and they were fully charged by 12:00 (according to the inaccurate Outback) but I’ll bet the hydrometer doesn’t read much over 1200. I will charge the batteries fully before I leave.
One chronic problem came back yesterday involving the cattle fence. It has been deteriorating lately and several times Mike and I have had to put in metal posts to replace the broken wood ones. Mike had said there was no present worry since the cattle were across the river but when I got the pea stone delivery yesterday, the cattle were all around the newly broken fence. I called Mike and he fixed it, but I think the whole fence needs to be replaced. A minor concern, but if the cattle get in, they could really do some damage to the electric fence around the orchard.

No comments:

Post a Comment