Saturday, June 12, 2010

Swimming again didn’t hurt the knee and I hope to go again today. Last night I was able to hook up the new light fixture near the entry door, and this morning I finished off the job. I also put down three bags of cypress mulch (I will probably need 15 more).
My biggest problem is that I am starting to get lonely, a bad sign that often means that I will get involved with someone I shouldn’t pursue. I have many good friends, but having a partner is something I am very used to, and I miss the intimacy of sleeping in the same bed with someone. Even after my ex-partner told me she was leaving, during the seven weeks she stayed with me while her new house closed, we shared the same bed. I would put my hand on her thigh each night for a minute or two, not wanting to disturb her but wanting that physical contact. I didn’t expect her to respond, and she didn’t, but there was a gentle solace in knowing she was still there.

No comments:

Post a Comment