Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I think I have figured out how to handle the tractor/colonoscopy poem (even writing this line makes me realize how ridiculous the idea was). The first draft was much too long and I realized this morning that I have to separate the two. I think a poem that focuses on when I almost tipped the tractor over trying to clear the road after the third snowstorm in late January will work. The colonoscopy poem may have to wait—perhaps for a very long time.
I trimmed the road up to the cabin and that was about all the energy I had. I think trimming the road out to the orchard will take about four years, perhaps less.
I am already working on my truck to get it ready for the trip. I set up a bracket for the fan I have but I want to put an outlet for it in the back (now you have to plug it in the front). I can get Nissan to do it but perhaps I can improvise something.
After doing my 30 laps in the RU pool, I went off to Wolf creek again and had good luck. It was very pleasant wading slowly downstream and I caught 3 fish, one trout and 2 redeye bass. My knee held up pretty well, and since I also played golf this afternoon, I will be lucky if it doesn’t swell up tomorrow.
I had an intense bout of loneliness last night but fortunately I called my friend Dolores and she was able to make me feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment