Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I have finished the mulch job and it does look much better. My ex-partner’s cats used the area for a bathroom and they uncovered a lot of the black plastic weed barrier. It looked pretty awful. I also got rid of the pea stone we had ordered for landscaping and I moved it up to my cabin and my shed which will now have stone in front of them. I still have to rake everything evenly. I also had delivered 4 tons of the pea stone which matches that on the side of the house. I will spread that in the next few days and with the new mulch it should look pretty good. It does make me feel in control when I can get things back in shape, and that is the key to remaining in the hollow.
I have purchased a very small air conditioner and so far my experiment is working. The device is keeping the temperature in the low 70s while outside is in the 80s. Tomorrow I will test it for more of the day and see what happens at 1 or 2 in the afternoon. The unit uses a lot of electricity, but when it is sunny, the panels are producing a little more than needed to run it. I have closed off the other rooms, so only the living room/kitchen is cooler but that is my main work area anyway.
My knee didn’t bother me for the first time while I was swimming so maybe it is getting better. I did thirty laps and it was excellent to get my heart pumping. Stay in shape, stay in the hollow.

No comments:

Post a Comment