Friday, June 11, 2010

I had a talk with my friends Kelly and Alfredo about my blog—which has bogged down in the mundane--and they gave me a lot of good advice. Alfredo thought I should consider my audience more, and I must admit, I haven’t thought of the audience at all. I have always figured that good writing will attract good readers but in the blog universe that may not be enough. I guess my ideal reader would be someone who loves the natural world, and sees it as a place of healing, from the ending of a relationship or from other difficult times. So I guess I have to figure out how to reach such an audience. Both Kelly and Alfredo suggested linking my blog with my Facebook page, but I very rarely visit that site. Even so, for the rest of the summer I am going to learn more about Facebook and linking up my blog with other places where interested readers might find it. They also suggested adding photos and perhaps videos, which will help attract readers. They thought I might come up with more interesting titles for each blog. The biggest problem however is that I have lost my focus, that the rebirth in the hollow theme should be maintained more closely.
My knee is a real problem. It is really sore although not as swollen as it was a couple of weeks ago. I need to rest it more and I must try to do that. I have four or five projects (trimming the path to the solar panels, putting mulch down near the house, trimming the road to the orchard, feeding the upper fruit trees) that are just going to have to wait. I wisely didn’t play golf yesterday, but I did go swimming (which puts a lot less stress on the knee). I wonder if even the swimming should be put off for a couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment