Saturday, September 11, 2010

I lucked out with the weather today. I got the grass cut just before it started raining.
After the grass cutting, I decided to work on the holes in the porch from the hot tub since the rain prevented me from working outside or doing a hike. I finished cutting out all the rectangles and then I prepared the patches that will fit underneath. I was a bit worried about whether I could place then without help but I got all four of them fastened with the screwgun with little trouble. Next I had to cut the pieces of 2 by 6 that will fit in the holes and that also went pretty well and it was easy to secure them. Now the porch is all fixed and looks very good.
I really like how the road is coming out. It should be a lot safer this winter.
Last night I went to the Radford High School Football game mainly to see Maddie Gallo perform in the marching band and she was quite good, as was the game, won by Radford with a final second field goal.
I still have some of the orchard road to trim and I wonder if I should just close the whole thing down. It would save me a lot of work and the orchard was not my idea. I may wait till the following year to decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment