Thursday, September 2, 2010

It’s Thursday, September 2, and I have just finished my first week of classes. My only concern is with the Literature and the Environment class where I might have been a little preachy. I know I should avoid that but nature still remains my passion.
I have finished my Faculty Annual Report and set up a reading for October for Jim Minick and his new book. I will try to set up at least one more reading this semester.
I have everything under control in the hollow and I have been hiking to the orchard regularly. There are quite a few flowers out, horse balm, thin-leaved coneflower, white snakeroot, great lobelia, orange touch-me-not, a couple of species of tick trefoil, oxeye daisies, fleabane, goldenrod, and some asters are starting. I carry my 22 in my pack when I hike and it does give me a feeling of security.
I have planted the greenhouse with spinach, lettuce, and sugar snap peas and all have come up. I still have an occasional tomato and some string beans.
I have also joined Match.com. I contacted my ex when I returned from my western trip and she declined to see me so it is definitely time to move on. I have had a number of women interested in me on Match.com but none have sparked my interest so far.
I am hard at work to get my poetry manuscript ready for Finishing Line Press, and that is going okay. I hate to do this kind of thing, but having a chapbook out is a positive thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment