Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Still plenty of wildflowers on my morning walk, with horse balm still around, white snakeroot, great lobelia, orange touch me not, wingstem, asters and goldenrods. It is wonderful to live in the hollow, especialy in the spring and fall.
My greenhouse is doing well and the sugar snap peas and the spinach in two new planters have emerged. The first three planters are full of spinach, lettuce and sugar snap peas and I should be eating spinach in a few days.
I stained the small shed with thompson’s and all the major stuff is taken care of but we could use some rain. I would like to see how the new ditching and waterbars work. It is so dry I watered the trees in the orchard.
I haven’t used the generator in weeks and the solar is at 1225, which is fine. I hope to keep the refrigerator going until December if possible. Right now on a sunny day I am bringing in about 3.5 kilowatts and using about 2.
I got a very high evaluation from my chair and I also turned in my research proposal for Freda Creek. It would be a big help to get some funding for my trip out west this summer.
I also signed up for a 5 day cruise in late December. I hope it will be fun and I hope it leads to another cruise.

No comments:

Post a Comment