Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A fine day, practicing and riding the bike and then off for a wildflower walk. Coltsfoot is just past peak, as is the bloodroot. Chickweed and cut-leaved toothwort are out along with rue anemone. The bluebells should be flowering shortly, and the trillium is up. Persian speedwell, Pennsylvania bitter cress, shepard’s purse out in the pasture, also purple dead nettle.
The greenhouse is doing fine and I should have some lettuce in ten days. No asparagus is up yet but it should be my next week.
I played golf and shot a 49 on the back nine even with a 10 on the par 5 where I hit my first shot way to the right and needed 5 shots just to get back on the fairway, hitting two bad shots and hitting two trees.
I went for a hike with Rob and his two students in Wildwood and we saw lots of things: purple dead nettle, ground ivy, toothwort, chickweed, hepatica, dwarf larkspur (just about to bloom), dutchmen’s breeches, large flowered bellwort, wild ginger, may apple (just about to flower), small flowered crowfoot, bloodroot, solomon’s seal (about to flower)¸ spring beauties, violets, persian and corn speedwells, marsh marigold. My leg is hurting.

No comments:

Post a Comment