Monday, April 18, 2011

A good weekend of golf, practicing, fishing, and projects. On Sunday I started digging out the bank that had collapsed by the first culvert, and I must have dug out 50 buckets. I got the tractor at a bad angle at one point but fortunately it didn’t tip over. I then had to dig out the actual culvert and after some hard shoveling, I finally found it.
This morning I went back to work and dug out another 25 buckets and it looks pretty good. I also dug out the leaves and debris and now the culvert is back working even though I should probably get another 10 buckets out. Let’s see what a big rain does. I checked the oil (fine) and the transmission fluid (it probably could use a pint) and the battery water (fine) so things are okay with the tractor. I should grease it again with all the work I have been doing.
Jeff and Rachel’s baby Benjamin has some health concerns and tests should be back today or tomorrow. I watched the Knicks game last night with them and we had a good time. They may come visit next weekend.
I finished caulking the lower part of the house after I found some bees going into one of the gaps in the caulking. I remember when Tracy and I had bees in the bedroom and that was no fun.
Still haven’t heard from Rob and I hope things are okay with him.
No luck on match but I will keep checking.

No comments:

Post a Comment